You ARE an ARTiST Clubhouse Literature Video Art Lessons
Exclusive to the You ARE an Artist Clubhouse, Nana leads you in Literature Video Art Lessons. As you study great literature and favorite books, paint what you are learning with chalk pastels. Nana’s Literature video art lessons are not only great for read aloud and tea time but are a perfect tool for complementing your literature learning AND painting with chalk pastels!
A continuing series only available with You ARE an Artist Clubhouse Complete membership.
Our I Drew It Then I Knew It literature video art lessons help with understanding and recall of facts. The artist student enjoys the lessons, and, most importantly, the facts and history that complement the literature and favorite books. This art time then spurs artists on to further learning on their own!
What is included in the Literature Video Art Lessons?
- Step-by-step instructions
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
- Option to join You ARE an Artist Facebook group for sharing art work, asking questions of the teacher and interacting with fellow artists.
- Some of our literature lessons include a downloadable printable for further learning!
How to view the Literature Video Art Lessons?
- Each lesson includes an overhead view of Nana leading you through, step-by-step.
- View each lesson on any digital device.
- This course is exclusive to the You ARE an Artist Complete Clubhouse because new lessons will be added each month. You have access to the lessons for as long as you are a Clubhouse member.
The Teacher, Master Artist Lucia Hames
Also known as Nana, Lucia is continually learning and taking lessons herself. Her passion is to help you realize that you ARE an artist!
Literature Video Art Lessons for What Ages?
Though the Literature Video Art Lessons are designed with upper elementary to high school students in mind, chalk pastels are truly art for all ages. No prior skill level necessary. Chalk pastels are a unique art medium. Younger artists find chalk familiar and fun. Budding artists that are upper elementary aged and older, find such freedom in independent time with chalk tutorials and creating what they please. Artists with much more practice still find chalk pastels challenging because of all the layering and ‘painting of light’ they can do. The possibilities are endless.
ALL you need to get started! No long, intimidating art list. Just…
- Chalk pastels — available online or from any art store for less than $10 for a starter set. See our favorite chalk pastels here.
- Paper — You will mostly use construction paper or copy/printer paper for this course.
- Optional: You may want to have a damp cloth or baby wipes for chalky fingers and easy clean up.