What is included in the course?
- Step-by-step instructions
- A Simple Start in Chalk Pastels ebook
- Techniques encourage both new artists and challenge more advanced ones
- Independent learning for older students
- Glossary of art techniques
- You ARE an Artist Facebook group – share photos of art work, ask questions and encourage each other!
Begin with any art lesson that appeals to you. Each of these tutorials is designed for students of all ages. If this is your first time using the chalk pastel medium, we suggest you begin with Apple or Pumpkin and then move to A Path to the Beach.
General Suggestions for Chalk Pastel Art
In addition to a starter set of chalk pastels, there are very few supplies we suggest you have on hand. Regular copy or printer paper works very well. Construction paper is also wonderful for the layering and blending of colors. It is our favorite. Dampened paper towels or baby wipes make for easy clean up and help in cleaning off hands between colors.