You ARE an ARTiST Homeschool Fine Arts plans organize great art and music appreciation resources into the classical four-year cycle of history and seasons each week with a Charlotte Mason flavor.
You ARE an ARTiST’s art, and music appreciation program is designed for busy homeschooling families. Our art & music appreciation plans organize a variety of resources so you can open the schedule and, with little preparation, offer your child experiences with great artists and composers.
We offer the artists, composers, and resources organized in a curriculum that is easy to use and flexible. As with all of our resources here at You ARE an ARTiST, our plans are only a suggestion. Please use the curriculum however it fits your family and homeschool routine best.
In addition to picture and music study, the plans offer additional art appreciation books, music, and podcasts that you can use as you have time available. We also encourage you to incorporate hands-on art lessons with Nana. Children learn best by doing, and creating the art is always the most fun part! By creating a habit of viewing paintings each week and listening to carefully curated music, your children can get to know a variety of artists and composers within a particular time period.
You ARE an ARTiST’s plans pull together affordably priced materials along with internet links so you can have a reasonably priced art and music appreciation program. There are 32-36 weeks planned at each level, and this allows your family plenty of flexibility to complete the curriculum in one homeschool year. The plans are listed by grade, but you can also use them family-style if you have multiple children at home.
Grade 1 Homeschool Art and Music Appreciation Curriculum Includes:
- 32 Weeks of Plans in convenient PDF format – 8 artists and 8 composers.
- Clickable links to Internet sources for viewing artwork, additional activities, and YouTube listening.
- Two generic artist notebook pages.
- Art prints to view and/or print out for your personal use.
- Pierre Renoir
- Edouard Manet
- Mary Cassatt
- Paul Cezanne
- Vincent Van Gogh
- Edgar Degas
- Paul Klee
- Camille Pissarro
- Antonio Vivaldi
- Johann S. Bach
- Wolfgang A. Mozart
- Ludwig von Beethoven
- Frederic Chopin
- Franz Schubert
- Johannes Brahms
- Peter Tchaikovsky
Three Homeschool Art Appreciation Tracks to Choose From:
- Option 1: All the artwork is linked to Internet sources and you can view each painting online or you can print the paintings out to view and then add them to your art notebook.
- Option 2: This learning track schedules a variety of activities including viewing artwork, reading about artists or artistic styles, and art projects.
- Option 3: Art appreciation is based on Child-Sized Masterpieces and Dover Coloring Books.
Homeschool Music Appreciation and Composer Study
The music portion includes eight composers using the book Lives of the Musicians and then your choice of listening either with music you own/purchase or online listening using YouTube.
Please Note: View a Sample of Grade 1 Here. This homeschool fine arts curriculum includes suggestions for including Nana’s video art lessons but her art lessons are not included in the pdf. Because of the nature of digital products, we do not offer refunds. All sales are final.
*Homeschool Fine Arts curriculum is designed for use by one family. Please see co-op information under the Start Here tab.