The plan makes use of online sources for viewing artwork for each time period studied. The links are provided to supplement your reading.
Grade 10 High School Homeschool Art and Music Appreciation Curriculum Includes:
In addition to reading and viewing the artwork, the student is directed to write a one to two page summary for each time period or topic covered.
Spine Texts for all four high school years of the Harmony Fine Arts art appreciation plan are The Annotated Mona Lisa: A Crash Course in Art History From Prehistoric to Post-Modern and Sister Wendy’s The Story of Painting.
High School Homeschool Art Appreciation Studies
- Early Renaissance – Masaccio, Paolo Uccello, Fra Angelico, Fra Filippo Lippi, Alessandro Botticelli, Piero di Cosimo, Piero della Francesca, Andrea Mantegna, Giovanni Bellini, Antonello da Messina, Vittore Carpaccio
- Italian Renaissance – Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, Giorgione, Titian, Parmigianino, Correggio
- Northern Renaissance – Albrecht Durer, Hans Holbein, Pieter Brueghel the Elder
- Baroque—Italian and Flemish – Caravaggio, Artemisia Gentileschi, Peter Paul Rubens, Anthony Van Dyck
- Baroque—Dutch – Rembrandt van Rijn, Vermeer, Frans Hals, Jan Steen
- Baroque—Spanish and French – Diego Velazquez, Bartolome Estaban Murillo, Nicolas Poussin, Claude Lorrain, Jean-Antoine Watteau, Jean-Honore Fragonard, Jean- Baptiste-Simeon Chardin, William Hogarth
Our Fine Arts art appreciation plan was created for high school students. It is organized in a four-year history cycle.
The plan also uses online sources for viewing artwork for each time period studied. The links are provided to supplement your reading and are entirely optional.
In addition to reading and viewing the artwork, the student is directed to write a one to two-page summary for each time period or topic covered.
Please note: Nudity is found in all the resources scheduled for grade ten. Please preview the materials to determine any adjustments your family may wish to make.
High School Homeschool Music Appreciation and Composer Study
Nine composers with 36 weeks of study
- Frederic Chopin
- Robert Schumann
- Johann Strauss II
- Franz Liszt
- Richard Wagner
- Anton Bruckner
- Johannes Brahms
- George Bizet
- Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky
Our music appreciation plan was created to be used by high school students that wish to have a program organized in a four-year history cycle.
The plan includes reading from Classical Music Experience and listening to the accompanying CD. The plan also includes listening to selections from the Classical Music Start-Up Kit volume 2. These two products are the foundation of the plan and can be used for all four high school years.
In addition to those two primary products, the plan uses online sources to compliment the book Classical Music Experience. There are multiple online resources to stream or purchase the required selections – Classicalmusicarchives.com, Naxos.com, Amazon Music, or the music streaming site of your choice. You can choose to use one of the online sources or none at all.
Your student will also write a one to two-page biography for each composer studied and then a one to two-paragraph opinion of the composer. The student may also keep a list of the musical selections he has listened to during the study period.
- Fine Arts Credit for Your High School Transcript: A Homeschooler’s Quick Guide
- This is How Your Teen Can Earn an Art Credit for Homeschool High School
- *Please note: Homeschool Fine Arts curriculum is designed for use by one family. Please see co-op information under the Start Here tab.