Who is ready for an American Art Celebration? History, art, holidays, maps and more! There is simply so much to celebrate. Scroll down to enjoy an American Flag art lesson. And take a look at all the lessons you can enjoy in the You ARE an Artist Clubhouse with Nana.
- Hymn – America the Beautiful written by Katharine Lee Bates. A teacher, she wrote this hymn while on Pike’s Peak with friends. They had been to the World’s Fair and were discussing man-made wonders and God’s glorious handiwork.
Complete Clubhouse members will also enjoy more American Art Celebration lessons:
- Composer Francis Scott Key – Star Spangled Banner
- President James Madison
- Famous Artist Betsy Ross and the American Flag
- Summer Acrylic Master Artist Class
Online, clickable, daily member calendar for the whole month – right in your member dashboard. (Not to mention a brand new, downloadable and printable Art Planner for You ARE an Artist Clubhouse members).
More American Art Celebration ideas with lessons for:
- Independence Day (fireworks with chalk pastels? YES!)
- National Peach Month
- National Picnic Month
- Birthday celebration lessons for E.B. White, Henry David Thoreau, Julius Caesar, Beatrix Potter and J.K. Rowling
Did you know that there is so much to celebrate in July? Art lessons to go with books, nature and all things outdoors!
Free American Art Celebration Video Lesson with Nana
One of our very favorite things is those brilliant chalk pastel colors on dark construction paper. What a fireworks show you can create! To give you a taste of the American art celebration that member artists will enjoy, here is How to Draw Independence Day Fireworks with Chalk Pastels.
Free How to Draw an American Flag Video Art Lesson with Nana
You might also like:
- Why Art is So Powerful in Helping Struggling Learners
- Easy Mommy and Me Art Time
- You ARE an Artist Clubhouse Course Listing
- 10 Benefits of Artist Clubhouse Membership
- Free Homeschool Curriculum Match Up Checklist download to make planning art time easier
American Flag Art Lesson And More
- A step-by-step American Flag Art Lesson or Fireworks Extravaganza lesson led by Tricia’s daughter
- Trekking American Landmarks with Chalk Pastels
- 7 American History Homeschool Lessons Your Kids Will Love – the Liberty Bell, George Washington and other founding fathers, Harriet Tubman and more!
- An American Landmarks Homeschool Unit Study
- Veterans Day Homeschool Lessons and Resources
- A Homeschool Lesson on Steve Penley’s Statue of Liberty
More American Art in You ARE an ARTiST Clubhouse Membership
Here is a sampling of the lessons you can choose from! 19 other American history lessons!
- Revolutionary War uniforms – Continental soldier and British soldier
- Boston Tea Party
- Early colonists
- 13 colonies – the gathering storm
- White House
- The Constitution
- Women in War
- Paul Revere
- Lewis and Clark
- Native Americans – Midwestern Tribes Headdresses
- French Flag
- War of 1812
- Harriet Tubman
- Abraham Lincoln
- Three Branches of Government
- Alexander Hamilton
- King George, III
There is simply SO much to enjoy and to learn with an American Art Celebration! Nana has all of these American Art Activities ready for you in the You ARE an ARTiST Complete Clubhouse, along with 800+ video art lessons and an art lesson calendar with art for every day of the year!
Growing a love of art at You ARE an ARTiST is a multi-generational passion! Tricia is Nana’s daughter and a mama of five children. Nana shared her first chalk pastel art lessons with her grandchildren around Tricia’s kitchen table. Homeschooling since 2000, Tricia has seen the fruits of home education with three homeschool grads so far! She shares the art and heart of homeschooling at Your Best Homeschool and is author of the book, Help! I’m Homeschooling! She and her husband, Steve, are also owners of sister sites Homeschool Nature Study and The Curriculum Choice.